Saturday, November 21, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom!!

A mom is often someone you take for granted. She is always there. She listens to you and if you can't tell anyone else you can tell her. Please don't take your Mom's for granted. They are special precious people that God put in your life. Call your Mom and tell her that you love her. Tell her why she is special to you. Ask her all the questions about family history that only she knows. Write down your answers.

God called my Mom home just over 4 years ago. Today is my dear sweet Mother's birthday. The love I have for her is so intense and is matched by the intense loss I feel. She was kind and left a legacy of helping others and reaching out in love. She had the softest skin and always smelled so nice.

Happy Birthday Mom!!! I love you and miss you!!



3 comments:

Peggy said...

Your mom was so blessed to have such a loving, caring daughter. She was a beautiful lady. I know you still have hurt in your heart from missing her. Hugs my friend.

Perri said...

Marci, I hope the wonderful memories that you have with your mom helped ease the pain the day brought.

Julia said...

Sweet Marci:

The memories we carry in our hearts are indeed bitter-sweet sometimes, aren't they? Not bitter in the 'unforgiveness' sense, but just in the knowledge that until we reach that other shore the tactile love that we shared with our loved ones will take more time to accomplish. There's only one human being that we can ever truly hug just like our Moms.

From knowing you, I'm sure your Mother was very special, and I know you miss her.

Thank you for the exortation to get in touch with our own Mothers!

Blessings to you during this time! Love, Julia